Ban-ashew Oat Cookies
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and the longer they’re left, the softer and moister and yummier they become, mmmm
- 85g cashew butter
- 80g whole oats
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (NOT essence)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (in a fan oven) / 356°F / gas mark 4 and line a baking sheet with some slightly greased baking paper
- Mash the bananas with the cashew butter and vanilla extract
- Beat in the egg white
- Combine with the oats
- Plop (lol) tablespoons of the mixture on to the baking sheet and flatten with the back of the spoon. You don’t need to space them out that much because they don’t spread while cooking.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden, leave to cool to room temperature on the baking paper and carefully peel off.
I made 8 cookies, each one is approx 130 calories.
But I may have eaten some of the mixture.. you might be able to make 9, or use a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon to make 16 bite sized ones (you need to lower the baking time).
For breakfast tomorrow, I’m sandwiching two of these babies together with cooked and mashed raspberries and banana, urgh I can’t wait.